It is currently October 21st, 2017, 7:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: January 29th, 2013, 1:23 pm 
Court Jester

Trolling Since:
August 15th, 2012, 10:35 am

Steam:   

I've not said anything here until now, but I've been working on a game and I thought I should share eventually... ;p

If you are my friend on Steam, you should be able to see a new entry under my Steam Workshop files called Masters of the Arena; if you're not then you're doing it wrong and need to correct that. Here's the description currently listed in the Workshop:

Quote:
Masters of the Arena (Mota) is a retro-styled, fantasy, tactical combat arena where players assemble the perfect team and compete against hordes of enemies in engaging, yet moderately paced strategic arenas. Gather your party from various regions of the land by winning the favor of twelve factions. Then compete in the arenas for high scores and prizes against all manner of pixelated animals, warriors, wizards, demons, and yes... of course... even zombies.

In order to see my current progress in Mota, you will need to have GameMaker:Studio installed through Steam as that's the engine I've chosen to use for building this game. Once you have GM:S installed, Subscribe to Mota from my profile. This will keep you always up-to-date with whatever builds I publish (currently one every day or two). When you run GM:S, you'll be presented with two main choices, PLAY or MAKE; choose PLAY and you should see Masters of the Arena there for you to play around with!

Now, please keep in mind that Mota is barely out of prototype status, so don't expect it to always play like a game. I am working very hard on it, and there are many things that are not visible in every build. For instance, as I write this, the tutorial zone, the Rat Cellar, is the only thing playable, and only by a party of four Adventurers. Outside of what you see, four other classes are already built and functional in the game (knights, mages, priests, and rogues); they're just not "active."

PostPosted: February 5th, 2013, 10:17 am 
Court Jester

Trolling Since:

Steam:   

Mota is now publicly available on Steam under the GameMaker:Studio Workshop. It is also fairly easily accessible via my Steam profile (under "Workshop"), or perhaps in it's simplest form: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123330380

Here are the steps you'll need to know to play it (while it's still in development):
  1. Install the (free) GameMaker:Studio application via Steam.
  2. Browse to the Steam Workshop and search there for what you want to play; in this case, "Nekoyoubi" will do... or just click here.
  3. Launch GameMaker:Studio via Steam (will be listed under the "Applications" dropdown; not "Games").
  4. Click the overly obvious "PLAY" button when prompted to either "PLAY" or "MAKE".
  5. Choose "Masters of the Arena" from the list and click "DOWNLOAD/RUN".

Let me know what you think (if you try it). ;)

PostPosted: February 20th, 2013, 2:31 pm 
Court Jester

Trolling Since:

Steam:   

Mota is now publicly available on the Google Play store for Android devices. http://bit.ly/motaandy

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]